PDA

View Full Version : Log Walls questions

tonyisenhoff
2004-06-24, 04:12 PM
When either sweeping a wall with a log profile or creating a compound wall with log sweeps, can you schedule or extract the # of logs (sweeps), length, and other info?

How about cut sheets and CNC machines? Can Revit do anything in that realm?

Any other log home builders out there?? What are you doing?

gregcashen
2004-06-24, 04:41 PM
No, if you wanted to count them, you would have to make them as a family and place them individually, I think. Maybe you could make a curtain wall panel that was a log and the mullions could be the joints...Of course you would only have horizontal mullions...

Steve_Stafford
2004-06-24, 05:16 PM
You could create a wall schedule using the length and height of walls and a formula to derive a reasonable estimate of logs based on another parameter for a typical log size. Just a thought

cbiddulph
2004-07-22, 02:38 PM
I hope that I am not stepping out of the boundary but I know of a solution for log walls. If you have ADT 3.3 and up, you can use a 3rd party application called HSBsoft. It is a plug in to ADT and let me tell you it is the slickest thing I have ever worked with. You can specify your CNC machinary, your tounge and groove, notches, and so much more. web address is www.hsbsoft.com (http://www.hsbsoft.com/). and the Director here in the US is Santiago Burbano one of the smartest individuals I have ever worked with. Even if you dont have ADT you may just want to check it out.

cheers,
cherisse

(moderator note: Thanks for letting us know about HSB perhaps there will be an opportunity for Revit users to take advantage of it's abilities in the future...Steve)

cbiddulph
2004-07-26, 09:52 PM
I know of a way to extract your log data, export to a CNC machine and create any type of log you can imagine. I know that I am not stepping out of my boundaries because I have spoke with an Autodesk official and they are impressed with this software and how it interacts with autodesk software. Go to hsbcad.com to read about the log functionality.

beegee
2004-07-26, 10:11 PM
I know of a way to extract your log data, export to a CNC machine and create any type of log you can imagine. I know that I am not stepping out of my boundaries because I have spoke with an Autodesk official and they are impressed with this software and how it interacts with autodesk software. Go to hsbcad.com to read about the log functionality.
Note that hsbCAD can be used in conjunction with AutoCADĀ® and Autodesk Architectural Desktop.....not with Autodesk Revit.

cbiddulph
2004-07-27, 06:00 PM
Yes, I understand that hsb works with ADT/ACAD. I was just suggesting that there is a way it can be done and I've seen it done. They are working on using it with Revit....but havent heard anything yet on that issue.
Just wanted you to know its out there.