PDA

View Full Version : Inserting Drafting Views

jcoe
2006-11-15, 09:06 PM
I have created a central standard detail file where other users can go and grab a view to place into their project. Within the detail file, I created a project browser organization based on CSI Divisions so the detail can easily be found (see attached image).

However, when I use the File>Insert from file>views and select my standard detail file, it does not seem to recognize my CSI Divisions. It just becomes one long list of details. Is this correct or is there another way to see how my views are organized through the insert views dialog? I would hate to save these as separate files. I think that would defeat the intended purpose of this feature.

mcuevas
2006-11-15, 11:07 PM
Unfortunately it does not sort them out like that. We also have a Revit file with details separated by division. The only way we have gone around that is to actually include the division number in the view name. For Example, 02-250-10- SHORING AT MOAT WALL. This way they are somewhat sorted when we search for them.

aaronrumple
2006-11-16, 02:54 PM
Unfortunately it does not sort them out like that. We also have a Revit file with details separated by division. The only way we have gone around that is to actually include the division number in the view name. For Example, 02-250-10- SHORING AT MOAT WALL. This way they are somewhat sorted when we search for them.Did you make new view type? If you had, then Revit will sort them as shown with no need for additional view parameters...

jcoe
2006-11-17, 02:44 PM
I was afraid that this might be the case. I might have to select the similar detail views and save them out as a separate file. Instead of single file I might have Div 04 - Masonry Details, Div 09 - Finish Details, Div 11 - Equipment Details....and so on.

Looks like one for the wish list?