PDA

View Full Version : Where'd the Levels go?

guy.messick825831
2006-11-16, 01:39 AM
Hi,

One of my users came to me today to announce that she had deleted a couple of levels. Sure enough, when I look at a section, they're gone. But, all the building components (floors, walls, etc.) that were constrained to the levels are still there, and the levels are listed in the project browser. I'm thinking she did not delete them, but if not, where are they? Help! Oh, one level is still visible in all sections & elevations, and the Hide Annotation in View was not used.

John K.
2006-11-16, 02:03 AM
A couple of questions:
1. Are you using scope boxes?
2. Are you using worksets?

patricks
2006-11-16, 04:59 AM
I had a level disappear on me on my last project. I went to a view perpendicular to the views in which it was missing from, and found that the level's extents control (open circle) was way over to one side and not intersecting those other views. So I drug the extents circle across to the other side of the building and voila! The levels came back. :)

testingwaters
2006-11-16, 12:37 PM
Read up "Datum Extents and Visibility" on Help.
The 2D / 3D controls might be contributing to the problem.

guy.messick825831
2006-11-17, 05:04 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the responses, sorry I disappeared for a day, had to figure out how we apply and tag finishes - anyway, we have worksharing, do not use scopeboxes. I can't find a reference in ANY view, but I'll try again.

Thanks,

John K.
2006-11-19, 02:59 PM
Currently working on a model -- created by others -- with multiple unwanted levels. They're clutter but many model elements are wrongly associated to them. I don't have time to carefully delete them w/out removing the good stuff so I've used the following means of hiding them from view:

1. Create a scope box encompassing my entire building and disassociate the extraneous levels;
2. [More effective...] Put them on their own workset and turn it off

The worksets might be worth a look. I've found it's painfully easy to throw or move elements onto the wrong ones.

nigel186003
2009-02-19, 08:22 AM
I know this is a few years too late to help u, but hopefully it can help others with the same problem. It's a VERY simple solution.
1. Select the view with the missing levels.
2. On the View menu, click View Properties.
3. In the Element Properties dialog box, clear the Far Clip Active check box.