PDA

View Full Version : Change orientation of 2X4 ceiling grid?

ron.sanpedro
2006-11-16, 05:35 AM
Is there a quick way to change the orientation of a ceiling grid? If I have a long skinny room, and I rotate the whole ceiling, I then have to go back and fix the sketch. Kind of a pain. Is there a quick way to just rotate the model pattern?
Also, on a related not, this would allow for a grid at an angle to the room. I have to believe this is possible, but I can't seem to figure out how.
And lastly, is there any quick way to center a grid or panel on a room? For I grid the only approach I know is to put a reference plane at the middle of the room and pull a grid over. For I panel I do the above then Move the grid by 1' or 2'. Neither seems exactly graceful, so I am hoping I am just missing the better trick.

Thanks,
Gordon

Scott D Davis
2006-11-16, 08:03 AM
Tab-select on "grid" line of the ceiling....rotate. whole grid rotates.

robert.manna
2006-11-16, 08:51 AM
When you tab select the grid you can also use the move tool. "Align" will work on patterns too. very handy

-R

Michelle Gibson
2006-11-16, 12:46 PM
once ceiling is in, click on one of the lines in edit mode, use rotate command on that one line and input the desired angle. the whole ceiling grid rotates and stays within the room boundaries.

ron.sanpedro
2006-11-16, 10:34 PM
Tab-select on "grid" line of the ceiling....rotate. whole grid rotates.

Hmmm.... somethin' weird goin' on. As you can see in the attached images, I
1: Select a single line of the 2X4 grid, it highlights.
2: Rotate that line 90 degrees.
3: Now I have what seems to be a 2X2 grid.
3: But what I actually have is TWO 2X4 grids, one rotated.

Copy is NOT selected. But here is where it seems to be weird. I get two grids when I rotate one screen. If I just type 90 in the angle box it works!

Can someone else test this? I would call that a bug if it is working the same way for others.

Thanks,
Gordon

mibzim
2006-11-16, 11:04 PM
Are you sure there aren't two ceilings in there?

ron.sanpedro
2006-11-17, 12:28 AM
Are you sure there aren't two ceilings in there?

There are after I rotate with the mouse. There are NOT before I rotate. And there are not if I rotate with the input box rather than the mouse. Doesn't happen with a material hatch in a floor either, just ceilings.

Fun! I am asking cow-orkers who fed the freakin' Gremlins.

Gordon

aaronrumple
2006-11-17, 02:27 PM
You sure maybe there isn't one basic ceiling and one compound ceiling? The basic ceiling has no thickness, so it would only appear as a line in section.

ron.sanpedro
2006-11-17, 04:51 PM
You sure maybe there isn't one basic ceiling and one compound ceiling? The basic ceiling has no thickness, so it would only appear as a line in section.

OK, this is getting stranger and stranger. Yesterday I thought I deleted all the ceilings, placed one, rotated and had issues. So today I started a totally new file, put in a few walls, placed a ceiling, rotated, and no problems. So I went back to my file from yesterday, deleted both ceilings, added a new one... and had no problems. The crazy thing is, yesterday and today, I deleted the ceilings in section, just to be sure I could see them and got them all. I also double checked the Copy checkbox, just to make sure.

Maybe I just need a long week-end. Or a vacation to AU. ;)

Thanks all,
Gordon

jebijosepaul101765071
2018-04-05, 04:04 AM
Yes, there is, try this baffle ceiling (https://www.fabricacousticpanels.com/baffle-ceiling/) The acoustic panel will help eliminate the stray reflection of the stage. They can also be used for sidewalls, rear walls or suspended on the ceiling.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, there is, try this baffle ceiling (https://www.fabricacousticpanels.com/baffle-ceiling/)
The acoustic panel will help eliminate the stray reflection of the stage. They can also be used for sidewalls, rear walls or suspended on the ceiling.