PDA

View Full Version : Non-parallel/perpendicular grid lines

DanielleAnderson
2006-11-16, 05:59 PM
Just to confirm: Grid lines can only show up in an elevation/section if they are perpendicular to the elevation/section view?

So if a project has grid lines going in 3 directions, and wanted the angled ones to show up in an elevation view, that is either not possible or must be "faked"?

LRaiz
2006-11-16, 06:32 PM
The answers are Yes and Yes. The position of slanted grid line is not well defined and showing such grid lines could possibly lead to confusion and mistakes. For example think of a situation when user could try to use a dimension to a slanted grid to position some objects relative to grid.

DanielleAnderson
2006-11-16, 07:22 PM
The answers are Yes and Yes. The position of slanted grid line is not well defined and showing such grid lines could possibly lead to confusion and mistakes. For example think of a situation when user could try to use a dimension to a slanted grid to position some objects relative to grid.

Thanks Leonid,
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misinforming the team here. The concept makes sense to me - we'll see if they choose to fake it - seems like a bad idea to me.