PDA

View Full Version : Topography problems.

archjake
2006-11-16, 07:36 PM
I thought I'd out smart the Revit topo tools by doing my topography in a project with each model line at the correct elevation. Then export the model and import it back into Revit to create the topography.

My problem is with the import. It doesn't like where I stacked topography lines at my proposed retaining walls.

Needless to say it imports my topography totally wrong with a large amount of problem areas.

Anyone have some ideas on how to work with this?

Please help!

I've attached the dwg so people can play with this if they wish.

patricks
2006-11-16, 09:20 PM
Have you tried maybe offsetting the stacked lines like 1" apart, so they're not directly on top of each other?

mibzim
2006-11-16, 11:19 PM
Yeah, toposurface doesn't handle these kinda things well. the easiest way i have found to work through it is to split the surface, and manually edit the points at the corners for the elevated area.

Maybe try actually deleting all the lines in the middle that are on top of each other - so that you have a top and bottom line that are offset as patricks suggested by an inch or so. I dont think revit needs the contour lines to be continuous...?

David Conant
2006-11-17, 03:45 PM
Revit's surface generator cannot currently produce purely vertical, or undercut forms. This is common to many topography generators. These conditions are mathematically much more complex and subject to multiple solutions. The suggestion to offset lines by a small amount should work.