PDA

View Full Version : New 3D DWF - Revit?

Scott D Davis
2004-06-24, 09:18 PM
Autodesk announced in a press release that in mid-July, they will release the latest DWF format which will support 3D. Does anyone know if this means Revit models to DWF will have 3D capabilities? Pan, zoom, orbit, etc.? Factory guys, has there been any word on this?

JamesVan
2004-06-24, 09:26 PM
If you read the press release closely, it seems that it is primarily geared towards Inventor:

With the addition of 3D capabilities, DWF Viewer 5 enables full visual and printing fidelity of the original Inventor models, but at a much more manageable size -- often 1/25 the size of the original Inventor model.

However, I will keep my fingers crossed as a strong believer in the DWF format.

GuyR
2004-06-24, 09:30 PM
Revit models to DWF will have 3D capabilities? Pan, zoom, orbit, etc.

Inventor will be the first to generate 3D DWF according to the dwf newsgroup. My guess is the existing DWF writer doesn't have the capability. But when it does then yes you will be able to do all that.

And the best bit is they're using an open standard http://www.openhsf.org/ .

Guy

Chad Smith
2004-06-24, 11:47 PM
Join onto the DWF Viewer 5.0 beta, then you will have access to the beta newsgroup for all the latest info. Can't say anymore than that.

DWF will really take off after 3D is fully implemented.

BTW, it looks very impressive. :cool:

Phil Palmer
2004-06-25, 09:10 AM
Even the current version of DWF files that Revit create now is missing functionality compared to that of the latest ADT version.

With ADT I understand you can get the properties of the objects within the DWF file

I hope we at LEAST see that in the next version 7.0 ?