PDA

View Full Version : plt viewer?

Cathy Hadley
2004-06-24, 10:33 PM
Does anyone know of a decent (cheap) plt file viewer that works with HGPL/2 plt's ?

beegee
2004-06-24, 10:41 PM
A few here (http://www.google.com.au/search?q=hpgl+and+plt+and+viewer&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&meta=).

rodneyf
2004-06-25, 11:03 AM
Cathy,
I have been doing some testing on Oce's new Client Tools it is a free download and it can also view DWF, DWG, PRN, PLT, LDF, & PDF files so you might want to check that out.

Hope that helps,

Wes Macaulay
2004-06-25, 02:45 PM
You should be able to get Oce Reprodesk for free from a local print shop if they use Oce printers. It allows you to get a WYSIWYG preview of the plot...

cphubb
2004-06-25, 03:02 PM
We Use CtrlView. I will view many differned CAD related file typs and convert redline and such. It is only 29.95 and works well. I think you also get free upgrades (we did get an incremental release. I get plot files all the time from consultants and I can PD tiff or DWG them quickly. It even has a batch convert feature. Check it out

Oh yeah the website is www.CtrlView.com (http://www.ctrlview.com)

Scott D Davis
2004-06-25, 03:03 PM
also, Buzzsaw accounts get Apprentice for free, which is Oce's Reprodesk with a new name.

Cathy Hadley
2004-06-25, 09:13 PM
thanks guys... I d/l a bunch of different ones to test for the client and was not too impressed with any of them... Repro desk works for me, but they were looking for something they could send off to clients, etc...

I'm trying to get them into the DWF way ... Now it will take converting their plotting house as well...

Its always something....

cphubb
2004-06-25, 09:35 PM
Cathy,

I do not know if you are stuck with plt files for som reason, but we have switched entirely to PDF files and it is working great with clients and contractors. We can send them over as many as we like, embed specs change orders RFI's etc. Since we have a PDF scanner and or fax server also saves as PDF the convienance is great. I use the CtrlView program to conver to PDF and that way I only need one license. My consultants send over 25 plt files, I batch convert them to pdf our assistant combines them with our pdf's and we have 1 (really large) file to send to client. (usually on CD) You should give it a try. I know other programs also convert plt files to PDF as well.

Wes Macaulay
2004-06-26, 07:25 PM
I'd try DWF too. The obstacles: some people don't have the right to install the DWF Viewer software on their machines.

The upside: most shops are happy to take a DWF and print it. DWFs are smaller and better looking than PDF.

Although it sounds like Chris has some extra apps that make PDF more attractive to him in that case...