PDA

View Full Version : jpeg image update

johnf.77896
2006-11-20, 03:52 PM
Is there a way to update jpeg images in a .rvt file short of deleting them and reinserting them? I have searched the forum but couldnt find any threads on this.

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

dbaldacchino
2006-11-20, 06:21 PM
Nope, cannot link a raster. You can only import it.

johnf.77896
2006-11-20, 06:46 PM
David, thanks for the reply. Well there is one for the wishlist.

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

Damo
2006-11-20, 10:56 PM
It would be good if you could update an Autocad DWG file too, without having to delete, re-import and align it to your notes.

Another wishlist item in the same vein.

ron.sanpedro
2006-11-20, 11:18 PM
It would be good if you could update an Autocad DWG file too, without having to delete, re-import and align it to your notes.

Isn't that what happens when you link the DWG rather than import? Now the ability to turn of layers in a DWG by picking after the fact would be nice. Currently I think you have to choose the layers at import/link, and you have to choose them from a list, not visually.

Gordon

johnf.77896
2006-11-20, 11:39 PM
You already can do it with a dwg by managing links and reloading. Much like xref's are.

johnf.77896
2006-11-20, 11:41 PM
You also have that ability to turn layers off by picking the link and at the query the item that you would like to not see anymore and you can either delete it or hide it in the view.

Isn't that what happens when you link the DWG rather than import? Now the ability to turn of layers in a DWG by picking after the fact would be nice. Currently I think you have to choose the layers at import/link, and you have to choose them from a list, not visually.

Gordon

ron.sanpedro
2006-11-20, 11:50 PM
You also have that ability to turn layers off by picking the link and at the query the item that you would like to not see anymore and you can either delete it or hide it in the view.

Query! Sweet! Now the next question is, can I assign a lineweight to a layer in a linked DWG?

Thanks,
Gordon

johnf.77896
2006-11-21, 12:19 AM
I believe that you can when you link the dwg file. You tell it in the import/ export settings under the file pulldown. I dont remember but I think that you need to set up the lineweights before you link the dwg. I believe that there is a thread out there somewhere regarding this.

Query! Sweet! Now the next question is, can I assign a lineweight to a layer in a linked DWG?

Thanks,
Gordon

sbrown
2006-11-21, 01:33 AM
as long as your layers are bylayer bycolor, you can adjust them from Settings, Object styles, imported...

dbaldacchino
2006-11-21, 03:31 AM
Make sure your layers in the dwg are set to "default" and not to a specific lineweight.

Damo
2006-12-06, 12:40 AM
OK, I usually like to come back and thank those that offer advice, to show my appreciation, but the few days after my last posting I was really busy clearing my desk in preparation for AU and didn't get to check back on AUGI.com

Now back from Las Vegas where I met some great people and have head full of information! Just need to apply the knowledge. Travelled back via Chicago and had a 5 hour transfer wait!

Thanks Gordon.Price, johnf.77896 and Scott Brown for your postings (Oh, Scott. I marked your presentation 'Excellent, Excellent, EXCELLENT!).

To this post.
I've been using the linked file and, naturally it's worked a treat.
One observation to add. If you accidentally import an AutoCAD file at the wrong scale, say 1:10, and linetypes don't show (ie: dotted or dashed lines are continuous), changing the Detail View Scale (under View Properties) to 1:5 won't change the linetype, it remains continuous. Deleting the AutoCAD file and re-importing it won't work. You need to delete the Detail View itself and re-create it at the correct scale.