PDA

View Full Version : New Categories

nsinha73
2006-11-20, 07:59 PM
Hi,
How do I assign catagories to user defined elements....eg. Existing Building on a Site...having its own catagory...It this possible? Thanks

DanielleAnderson
2006-11-20, 08:01 PM
You can't create new categories but you can create new subcategories. Just go to Settings > Object Styles > New Subcategory and create it. Then go into your family/object's properties and you will see a parameter for subcategory, the one you created should show up there (the subcategory must live under the heading of the category that you created the object in for it to show up here). Then you can control the visibility of objects to a finer level of detail.

Elmo
2007-02-02, 06:38 AM
Has anyone else noted that you can't make sub category of objects inside a project anymore. In 8 and 8.1 we used to be able to place a wall or roof on a sub category to switch it off but now in 9 and 9.1 that ability has been removed. Is there a reason why they have removed it or was it something that was missed when they brought out 9?

aaronrumple
2007-02-02, 03:26 PM
Has anyone else noted that you can't make sub category of objects inside a project anymore. In 8 and 8.1 we used to be able to place a wall or roof on a sub category to switch it off but now in 9 and 9.1 that ability has been removed. Is there a reason why they have removed it or was it something that was missed when they brought out 9?
No - Revit has never been able to assign a wall or roof system family to a subcategory.

The only exception has been if the wall or roof was created as an in-place family. In-place families can contain objects assigned to a subcategory...

Elmo
2007-02-05, 06:02 AM
I see, thanks Aaron. It must of been an in place family that I did back then.