PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Calculations

jason.combs
2006-11-20, 08:00 PM
I need to calculate itemized instances from a schedule. I can't make a formula using the Count parameter, Revit gives an error. What is the best way to accomplish the following?:

1. Multiply Count * CWFU, Count * HWFU, and Count * WFU

2. Total each formula total CWFU, HWFU, and WFU

See the attached table.

rafterman
2006-11-21, 04:51 PM
In the properties under the Formatting tab select CWFU, HWFU, and WFU and make sure that calculate totals is checked. That should give you the total fixture count.

archjake
2009-09-28, 10:10 PM
I need to calculate itemized instances from a schedule. I can't make a formula using the Count parameter, Revit gives an error. What is the best way to accomplish the following?:

1. Multiply Count * CWFU, Count * HWFU, and Count * WFU

2. Total each formula total CWFU, HWFU, and WFU

See the attached table.

I have found that if you add a shared parameter called "COUNT" to your pumbing files and set this paramter to equal 1 you can then add it to your schedule and use it in calculations.

You can then use the paramters CWFU, HWFU and WFU as the totaled CWFU, HWFU, WFU.

Add a new calculated paramter with a formula of CWFU*COUNT, HWFU*COUNT and WFU*COUNT for the "fixture unit each".

Sounds completely backwards but works!

On the other hand one can add a ton of parameters to the plumbing family and perform the math in the family iteself first.

ie:
Count =1
CombFU = <plumbing code value>
Comb HWFU = Count * HWFUeach
HWFUeach = CombFU * 0.75
Comb CWFU = Count * CWFUeach
CWFUeach = CombFU * 0.75
etc...

I have used this method successfuly in Revit Architecture in the past. The downside is all the work to setup a plumbing family with shared parameters. Also, there is some sloppyness of this is method in Revit MEP as it won't tie to Revits parameters CWFU,HWFU,WFU to perform the pipe sizing calculations. Nor is there a way to tie them together unless one sets up a schedule and monitors it with the help of a conditional format.

Is there really a clean way to assign code values to plumbing fixtures and get it to tabulate the way we want it to?

blanchardpaul
2011-03-15, 05:17 PM
This is really an interesting thread. A couple notes:

I prefer the following method:
1. Create a calculated parameter (IND_WFU) that equals WFU (just put WFU in the formula)
2. Add in "Count" if you haven't already
3. In formatting select "Calculate Totals" for WFU
4. Rename WFU to "WFU Totals"
5. Rename "IND_WFU" to "WFU"

This will show the individual WFU, Count, and the totaled WFU

Martin Schmidt had a great class at AU for two years over Revit MEP Calcs. PDFs are available at AU online.

-Phatman

troy.crandell635379
2011-04-12, 08:56 PM
This is really an interesting thread. A couple notes:

I prefer the following method:
1. Create a calculated parameter (IND_WFU) that equals WFU (just put WFU in the formula)
2. Add in "Count" if you haven't already
3. In formatting select "Calculate Totals" for WFU
4. Rename WFU to "WFU Totals"
5. Rename "IND_WFU" to "WFU"

This will show the individual WFU, Count, and the totaled WFU

Martin Schmidt had a great class at AU for two years over Revit MEP Calcs. PDFs are available at AU online.

-Phatman

Can you send me a link to this Revit MEP Calcs class?

mrea449748
2013-11-27, 03:03 PM
Hello Troy can you be able to send me a link for this Revit MEP class?
Thank you.

revitdevil
2014-08-11, 05:22 PM
Here's a link to the course material: http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/files/me204-3_connectors_in_revit_mep_content.pdf