PDA

View Full Version : Xerox 510dp - rasters don't print from RB 9.1

dbaldacchino
2006-11-20, 08:23 PM
I just noticed that rasters don't print to the Xerox 510dp. Has anyone ran into this problem? We never had issues with RB9.0 and we recently upgraded to 9.1. I followed the help instructions for the Xerox 8830 but it didn't cure the problem. And of course I discover this when I'm about to print......

Anyone out there have a solution? I'm on Build 20060810_2300.

TroyGates
2006-11-20, 08:36 PM
I know someone who has the same problem with a Xerox, they have yet to find a solution. They are now printing to PDF's then to the Xerox. But they are unable to print directly from Revit to the Xerox.

dbaldacchino
2006-11-20, 08:48 PM
Thanks Troy. It really aggravates me when something that used to work no longer does!! Oh well....I'm printing to pdf right now but am having issues with dwgs (I'm using the old Revit pdf writer 4.2 and it's messing up the linked dwg text).

I'm going to give the export 2d dwf a try and see if I can print from there.

ron.sanpedro
2006-11-20, 08:53 PM
I just noticed that rasters don't print to the Xerox 510dp. Has anyone ran into this problem? We never had issues with RB9.0 and we recently upgraded to 9.1. I followed the help instructions for the Xerox 8830 but it didn't cure the problem. And of course I discover this when I'm about to print......

Anyone out there have a solution? I'm on Build 20060810_2300.

David,
are you printing to the Post Script driver? If not, you might try that. At my old office we had a 510, and used the PS driver exclusively in Revit, and for everything but half size prints from AutoCAD, where the driver was broken. In Revit the half size by PS worked fine, and the output quality was excellent. Worth a shot, and I assume it works or I would have heard something from my old office by now, they plot with shadows on all the time, as well as pulling photoshoped raster images back into Revit to sheet up.

Best,
Gordon

dbaldacchino
2006-11-20, 08:59 PM
The driver says it's HPGL/2. Take a look at what the About pulls up....I have no control over changing anything in here as it's set by our IT. Do I need to ask for a Postscript version?

aaronrumple
2006-11-20, 09:01 PM
We're having that issue printing to an HP5500 HPGL driver or jut the Windows HPGL/2 driver...

PS printing is the onlything that has ever been dependable from version to version for me...

dbaldacchino
2006-11-20, 09:08 PM
Thanks again. We'll have to look at a postscript option then. I never had this issue under 8.1 and 9.0. And oh by the way.....dwfs have the same issue. I exported the sheets to dwf and they look fine on the screen. When I print the sheets, the rasters don't. I'm printing from DWF viewer build 6.5.0.679.

ron.sanpedro
2006-11-20, 09:42 PM
The driver says it's HPGL/2. Take a look at what the About pulls up....I have no control over changing anything in here as it's set by our IT. Do I need to ask for a Postscript version?

I am not sure if the 510 id PS enabled by default, or if you have to buy a PS engine. If it is by default, it should be as easy (or as hard) as installing the PS driver on the server, sharing the printer and setting up the clients. I had scripts built at my old office so the whole process was a half an hour of work, then have everyone log off and back on, and they would have the new printer. Then again a good 20 hours went into scripting that ;)

Best of luck,
Gordon

Chad Smith
2006-11-20, 10:06 PM
We used to have problems printing in general to our 510dp, and the Xerox techs couldn't figure it out either. Our solution was to upgrade to an Oce printer, which has printed perfectly since, and we handed the 510dp to another department because they only use AutoCAD.

dbaldacchino
2006-11-20, 10:14 PM
Hehe, that's not an option right now :) IT will look into the possibility of a post-script driver. I don't know what changed in 9.1 to give us these problems (and dwf for that matter too).

rjjlee
2006-11-20, 11:52 PM
We had the same problem with our HPDesignjet500- and tried everything we could think of to get rasters to print. In the end, what worked was to change the Appearance in print setup to "medium"

dbaldacchino
2006-11-21, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the tip but I've tried that and all the other setting combinations and nothing resolved the issue.

twiceroadsfool
2006-11-21, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the tip but I've tried that and all the other setting combinations and nothing resolved the issue.

Some users were having this issue in our office too, and we noticed an interesting correlation: The problem exists on all of our Dell Workstations, but all of our HP Workstations are fine with RB9.1. I dont recall what the solution was, but i know it was something on the workstations, and not the printers...

dbaldacchino
2006-11-21, 04:50 PM
Ahhhhh very interesting. I'm working on a Dell Latitude D820. Let me check another PC and I'll report back.

UPDATE: Nope, had no difference. I plotted from an MPC workstation and the same happened.

tonyisenhoff
2007-01-09, 07:37 PM
Just upgraded and having the same issue...

Is the 510 PS enabled? How do I find this out?

Any other suggestions?

dbaldacchino
2007-01-09, 08:01 PM
Tony, I believe it is PS enabled but we're not using that feature. Our IT upgraded the driver from the Xerox website to the latest and the problem has been solved.

tonyisenhoff
2007-01-09, 08:52 PM
Ditto here...

david_peterson
2007-01-09, 09:03 PM
Aren't new plotters fun. We just got 2 510's as well about 2 mths ago. We're still having lineweight issues.