PDA

View Full Version : lighting fixtures

aaronwsmith
2006-11-21, 02:34 AM
I'm trying to create my own lighting fixtures, it is my first time so I'm just winging it! and I'm not getting where i want. I want to create some down lights, i managed to get them to light up from the base but they don't throw any light onto any surfaces.
i's there some type of tutorial other that Revit's own, that anyone might know of?
or might someone be kind enough to tell me? any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

roy.70844
2006-11-24, 03:48 PM
File ...New ...Family
Select the lighting fixture template (start with this before progressing to wall/ceiling based)

Open up the front view. You will see the ref level ref plane, a vertical ref plane and a horizontal ref plane. The intersection of the horizontal and vertical ref planes is your light source point . Think of this as the bulb. Now draw your 3D geometry for shade etc around that point. Take care not to bury your 'bulb' in a non transparent solid. I would avoid enclosing the 'bulb' in any solid for the moment.

You could also open one of the lighting fixtures supplied with Revit and see how they are drawn. The linear lighting fixture template should be used for strip lights and the like.

Roy