PDA

View Full Version : footings

johnf.77896
2006-11-21, 04:44 PM
Does anybody know if there is a way to have a wall footing extend passed a wall end instead of stopping at the end of the wall? see attached images.

Justin Marchiel
2006-11-21, 04:54 PM
if you are using the footing tool, no. you would need to do an inplace family to add the rest (with what you are using).

Search the forums for footing and you will find lots of responces to alternate ways of making footings.

Justin

Teresa.Martin
2006-11-21, 05:02 PM
Hi!
If you do not use the footing tool, but make a basic wall type you could extend it as far as you like. You could then make a stacked wall type that creates the wall with the footing attached modify as needed. Or you could use ref. planes and constraints and/or levels to create the footing and wall as two separate elements that are constrained together.
Best regards,

johnf.77896
2006-11-21, 08:42 PM
I am using the footing tool in this .rvt file. I have created stacked families in the past but havent been that happy with the outcome. It is also so nice to be able to pick the walls that you want to have footings when that time comes, since we dont usually start with the foundation as our first drawing. Thanks for the ideas jmarchiel-barch and Teresa.Martin, I think I will try the inplace family for this one.

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.