PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Project Standards, now what?

ron.sanpedro
2006-11-21, 06:57 PM
So I have created a template for TI projects, and now I want to import everything from the template into an already started project. I have done TPS, but I still need a bunch of Legends, Schedules, Sheets, etc. to come over. Is there a way to do this, or do I go the other way, and start a new project from the template, then copy paste levels, then building items? Or is there a third option?

Thanks,
Gordon

Teresa.Martin
2006-11-21, 07:24 PM
Hi! Yes, there is a third option now. You can save your views and then load them into the new project.
Open your TI template. From the file pull down menu choose "Save to Library" and choose views. You will get a dialog box that lets you check off all the views you want to save such as legends, schedules, plans, sheets, etc.
You will be prompted to save this as an RVT file. A quick way to do this for your set up is to just save you template RTE as an RVT as well.

Once you have your RVT file, open your existing project. From the File pull down menu, choose "Insert from File" and choose views. Revit will prompt you to choose which views to bring in to your project.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

shenderson
2006-11-22, 03:21 PM
i 'saved to library' an .rvt version of the default template. i selected two sheets: the cover and the first reference sheet that has some legends and schedules on it. i didn't see any checkboxes show up for anything else in the 'save to library' dialog box.

when i try to insert from file only the cover sheet shows up... when i try right click on the view i want and 'save as new file' and then try to 'insert from file' i get the following message.....

'The Revit project that you have selected does not contain any views which may be inserted into another project. Only drafting view and drafting sheets which do not contain model views may be transferred between existing projects.'

i only have a titleblock, some lines and some legends on the sheet. can you not transfer a sheet with general notes, a hatch legend, a symbol legend, index and some lines?

Teresa.Martin
2006-11-22, 10:25 PM
Dear SHenderson;
Sorry for not being clear. No, you cannot insert views which have model geometry (such as a sheet that has a floor plan dragged into it. In regards to your cover sheet, any schedules or text will generally be supported. You cannot import a legend however. You would have to create a new legend view in your current project. Set it to the same scale as the one you created in the template project. Then do a copy/paste.

Somethings are project specific and will have to reside in a template initially.

I hope this at least points you in the right direction.
Best regards,

dbaldacchino
2006-11-23, 12:06 AM
If everything else fails, you can always copy from one project and "paste in current view" in your template.