PDA

View Full Version : Room Style in Room Tags

Chirag Mistry
2006-11-21, 08:38 PM
I would like to know if anyone knows how to get the “Room Style” parameter into a room tag and have it populated by the information in the Room Object?

We have created a Room Schedule with Schedule Keys in order to create Room types with finishes. We would now like to do a plan that shows the room name and what style of room it is to accompany our Room Type Schedule. After creating the Schedule Key, “Room Styles” shows up as a parameter in the Room Object, but we haven’t been able to get that parameter into the Room Tag and have it link correctly.

Any thoughts?

Teresa.Martin
2006-11-21, 10:22 PM
Hi!
I am not sure how you set up the Room Style Parameter.
Here is how I got it to work.
First I created a Shared Parameter called Room Style.
I then opened up the default room tag and renamed it Room Style Tag.rfa.
I added a label and under select parameter I choose the add button and selected the shared parameter I created called Room Style.

Under family types in the Room tag I made a new style called Room Tag with Style.
I added a yes/or parameter and named it Show Room Style (this gives me the option to turn it off or on)

I then loaded this tag into the project. I added the Project Parameter (Room Styles) and Room Style showed up as a parameter under Identity data.

I have attached the project files and shared parameter file for you to take a look at and modify as need.

Best of luck.

Chirag Mistry
2006-11-21, 11:32 PM
Teresa,

Thanks, but this does not work for me.

I never intended to create a Room Style parameter in the project file, but use the one from key schedules. here's some info on how to create key schedules <http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=4161>

What I want is to have my room tag display the room style which is already tied in the room object to the schedule key.

dbaldacchino
2006-11-21, 11:59 PM
Chirag, what you're trying to do is not possible :(

I wanted to do the exact same thing a while back and there's no way to get a schedule key to act as a parameter that you can show in a tag. This is in fact one of my top wishes (and I do have quite a few!). I'd need it to be 2 way so that the key info can be input from a plan view from within the tags without having to go to the room properties.

Tom Dorner
2006-11-22, 12:08 AM
I don't think it is possible since the Room Style is held in the Key Schedule which I refer to in the linked post as a database lookup table. It is best to think of tags as little mini database reports that display the content of the fields/parameters of the object they are tagging. The Room Style is while in the room properties is really a "primary key" value that establishes a relationship to the corresponding "primary key" in the Room Style schedule.

Tom

Teresa.Martin
2006-11-22, 01:19 AM
Teresa,

Thanks, but this does not work for me.

I never intended to create a Room Style parameter in the project file, but use the one from key schedules. here's some info on how to create key schedules <http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=4161>

What I want is to have my room tag display the room style which is already tied in the room object to the schedule key.
I missed the schedule key portion. Thanks for the link, but I already know how to do this.
I agree with DBaldacchino on this one. It would be great to see this in the next release!
It would also be nice to be able to have formulas in the schedule that allowed you to take the result of one column and multiply it by some constant, etc.

Best regards,

nblevins
2007-08-07, 09:53 PM
i have a color filled plan based on room styles from a room style schedule. the styles are assigned fine and the color fill works, but I'm unable to name any of the rooms as long as a style is assigned. is this because of the key schedule?

i tried using the room style tag and shared parameter Teresa posted in this thread, but it won't work. looks like i can either assign a name or a style, but not both.

HELP!

dbaldacchino
2007-08-08, 07:48 PM
Something's wrong in your parameters and tags. Could you post an example file?