PDA

View Full Version : Working with angled floorplans

sfraney
2006-11-21, 09:35 PM
Hi,

I need some insight on a new project I'm starting. The project involves a floor plan that is comprised of multiple small buildings which are interconnected by a continuous walkway. The challenge is that these small buildings need to be included in my overall detailed design drawing set and some of these small buildings are angled differently than others. My thought here is to have one floor plan sheet for each building (single story). But would like each drawing to have each floor plan aligned so all of the plans are orientated horinzontal, not angled. I have some buildings which are orientated horizontally which shouldn't be a problem, but how can I orientate the angled buildings in my sheet view so they are also horizontal?

Justin Marchiel
2006-11-21, 10:04 PM
does linked projects hold the answer for you?

Justin

dbaldacchino
2006-11-21, 10:09 PM
As stated above, you can use linked projects into one main site project (using shared coordinates). The other solution is to rotate your views on the sheet to make them orthogonal.

Rhythmick
2006-11-22, 04:32 AM
Select the Crop Region to rotate the view.

john.s.algeo
2006-11-22, 01:08 PM
When rotating floor plans, set your tolerance way up. Some of my plans rotated 89.976 degrees. Now I get the line slightly of axis error message and I can't dimension some of my elevations, because the ore not orthogonal to the view.

Lessons learned.

JSA

Rhythmick
2006-11-22, 03:12 PM
When rotating floor plans, set your tolerance way up. Some of my plans rotated 89.976 degrees. Now I get the line slightly of axis error message and I can't dimension some of my elevations, because the ore not orthogonal to the view.

Lessons learned.

JSAI'm assuming you did not use the keyboard to enter the rotation degrees!

petervanko
2006-11-22, 05:58 PM
I agree...treat each building as a separate Revit project, link them in, and share the coordinates. Following up comments on rotating the crop region, it's a little strange: you have to rotate the opposite direction you want. You will see what I mean...