PDA

View Full Version : New walls crossing demolished walls fill problem

kimheaver
2006-11-21, 11:54 PM
Hi all,

I have a small problem on a floorplan where new walls cross demolished walls.

Where they cross the new wall doesn't show the cut pattern , is it possible to override this.
Obviously revit is "thinking" that the crossing part of the wall will remain because its shown in the new phase but in practice it wouldn't.
Is there any way to override this or should I just use a solid fill.

Regards,
Kim

ford347
2006-11-22, 02:24 AM
try splitting the existing wall and demolishing that little chunk where the new wall crosses, that should clean it up, if it doesn't, at least it is representing that that portion is going to be removed to make way for your new wall right?

Josh

kimheaver
2006-11-22, 02:35 AM
Hi Josh,
I was just trying that as I received your reply, I found that as soon as I put the splits in the demolished wall it displays correctly. Sometimes it works on the first split sometimes requires both, the section of wall doesn't have to be removed just split,
I can even drag the ends of the split sections to rejoin the wall and it still shows correctly.
When splitting the demolished wall it seems to respond differently depending on which side of the intersection I pick.
There must be something happening behind the scenes whereby splitting the wall updates the way it is displayed.

thanks
Kim