PDA

View Full Version : Line Weights

nsinha73
2006-11-22, 09:16 PM
We made a title block...but when we import it and assign a Pen thickness of 9.....it mismatches the pen thickness currently in the drawing....
Are u with me?, A # 9 pen weight in my original Title block is fatter then the same pen thickness in the dwg.....Both are assigned Pen # 9...but it shows a different thickness...

I hope I have explained more then required.... :-)

Justin Marchiel
2006-11-22, 09:35 PM
lineweights are dependant on view scale. So when you create a titleblock the relative scale on the screen is different then that of the project.

i would suggest printing out a variety of line weights (physically) and choose from there. I find that the screen thickness is just a guide line compared to the surrounding lines. once you memorized the pen tables and thickness you will have a good idea of how it is going to plot out.

Justin

sleimgruber06
2006-11-22, 09:38 PM
We made a title block...but when we import it and assign a Pen thickness of 9.....it mismatches the pen thickness currently in the drawing....
Are u with me?, A # 9 pen weight in my original Title block is fatter then the same pen thickness in the dwg.....Both are assigned Pen # 9...but it shows a different thickness...

I hope I have explained more then required.... :-)
Possibly in this case Revit is converting the line thickness from ACAD , I assume, larger than it should be? Or could it possibly just be user error, having the thickness wrong on either side; Meaning example: ACAD thickness is #9 where as the Revit's #9 thickness is actually something else??

Justin Marchiel
2006-11-22, 09:49 PM
acad uses actual line weights to define the plotted thickness (ie color 1 could be mapped to 0.18mm, or plot style fine to 0.18mm) where revit uses a number to corrolate to a variety of thicknesses based on scale.

sleimgruber06
2006-11-22, 10:09 PM
acad uses actual line weights to define the plotted thickness (ie color 1 could be mapped to 0.18mm, or plot style fine to 0.18mm) where revit uses a number to corrolate to a variety of thicknesses based on scale.
AHA! Revit is soo silly.... Thanks for the insight and clarification Justin! :)