PDA

View Full Version : Exporting to Autocad

Anthony.d
2006-11-24, 04:26 PM
I have been trying to export Revit to meet another architects layers and dimension styles with very little success. I have changed the layer names in the export pull down and only one layer made it correctly. Dimensions look great but not the right style.

Question:
Does anyone know where I could obtain info on how to do this?

s.messing
2006-12-27, 10:06 PM
I have been trying to export Revit to meet another architects layers and dimension styles with very little success. I have changed the layer names in the export pull down and only one layer made it correctly. Dimensions look great but not the right style.

Question:
What specifically is wrong? Are we talking about the font? The layer name? The color?

In Revit you can control the export dwg standards (File... Import/ Export Settings... Export Layers DWG/DXF...)

You can also control almost everything about the linestyles for a dimension (Basics... Dimension... Properties... Edit/ New...)
Please post an example of what you want and what you are getting. Also, please be more specific.

Good luck,
Stephen

D_Driver
2006-12-29, 06:47 AM
If you have a copy of autocad at your disposal, you can also create a standards file for each architect or consultant you need to prepare acad dwg's for
then it is a simple matter of running the exported files against the standards files.
but then again not everyone keeps a copy of ACAD handy after they have moved to revit

rjcrowther
2006-12-29, 07:16 AM
I
Question:
My reference source for this has been the user manual and a fair bit of trial and error to see exactly what happens.

I have found the exporting feature a little disappointing. Some others I have spoken to concerning exporting to AutoCAD have found it to be not quite ideal as well. You will no doubt find that after exporting you have a fair bit of tidying up to do.

jeremiah.bowles
2007-11-01, 11:55 PM
If you have a copy of autocad at your disposal, you can also create a standards file for each architect or consultant you need to prepare acad dwg's for
then it is a simple matter of running the exported files against the standards files.
but then again not everyone keeps a copy of ACAD handy after they have moved to revit
All our standards for layers were loaded in as *.las files.
If I make these a "Layering standard can I use it in Revit?
Is the ADT layer standard in AutoCAD the same as what revit uses for Import / Export?

Thanks,
Jeremiah