PDA

View Full Version : Text arrow properties

Michelle Gibson
2006-11-24, 08:27 PM
Is there a way to edit the distance between the end of the arrow and the size of the text box? Basically, I am finding that there is too much space between the word and the start of the arrow.

rmejia
2006-11-24, 08:42 PM
I wish there was, I too would like the arrow to be closer to the text. I don't think it's possible to change the text box size or at least I have not found a way.

jason.104359
2006-11-27, 04:35 AM
I would like to see the leader line from a text box that is located on right hand side of text aligned with the end of the text message - not at the end of the first line. it find it annoying and not as neat as I would like. Anyone else find this an issue.

radu.grosu
2006-11-27, 04:55 PM
I feel the same, there's too much space between the leader and and the text. And the text box should have an option to make it visible - it's so basic yet it isn't there..

HawkeyNut
2006-11-27, 05:19 PM
These issues were brought up in a recent user group session in which we had Revit developers present. It seems that at one point you could adjust the 'padding' around the text boxes but that it created problems with the different scales of drawings. To temporarily fix the problem, the parameter was removed.

I would also like an arrowhead with an angle larger than 90°. (Any loyal follower of the Ching books would like to see a heavy-lined 120° arrowhead.)

We need to make sure these items are added to the Revit wish-list.

luke.s.johnson
2010-01-13, 02:30 AM
Man I wish they had fixed this by now! I want to be able to choose where the leader attaches, and I want to make the leader closer to the text.

luke.s.johnson
2010-01-13, 02:33 AM
I guess using Multi Category tags gives a bit more control over placement of text.

dwills.114624
2010-01-13, 05:49 AM
Is there a way to edit the distance between the end of the arrow and the size of the text box? Basically, I am finding that there is too much space between the word and the start of the arrow.

This, and other text control issues, are likely to be addressed in the coming 2011 release. The lack of these features have undergone extensive discussion in the past and I have personally discussed Revit's text handling woes with a Revit product manager a couple of years back, who assurred me much better text control would make it into a coming release. I had hoped to see it in 2010, but I am betting it will be in 2011 (anyone want to take me up on the bet?) So hang in there, only a couple of months to go with the beta release coming "real soon now".

In the meantime I tend to use a comment tag, or a keynote, with a free end leader and arrow, as the text spacing is much closer. If I use text, it is usually without a leader, or in conjunction with a cunning concoction of my own devising (a parametric detail component leader)... :)

DW

SCShell
2010-01-13, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=Bob the Bimmer;605449(Any loyal follower of the Ching books would like to see a heavy-lined 120° arrowhead.)[/QUOTE]

Hey there,
Agreed! But, we are showing our age......
Steve

ycymry
2010-02-19, 05:14 PM
I am guessing then, from this thread, that there is currently no way to change the justification of the text (currently default left justified)? I would love if the text would automatically switch justification depending on which side the leader is on, or at least have the option of changing the justification at will.

While I'm at it, has anyone found a way to standardize the shoulder length of the leader line so we don't have to eyeball?

Scott Womack
2010-02-22, 11:04 AM
I would love if the text would automatically switch justification depending on which side the leader is on, or at least have the option of changing the justification at will.

While I'm at it, has anyone found a way to standardize the shoulder length of the leader line so we don't have to eyeball?

By selecting a bunch of text, you can right-click, element properties, and change multiple pieces of text from left to right justified.

As for the shoulder length, Revit will provide a temporary alignment line for the "shoulder" break in the leader line.