PDA

View Full Version : Image not showing up on Plot.

boofredlay
2006-11-27, 03:14 PM
I have a full size sheet that I placed a master plan on. When I plot it the large image does not show up.

The small image "UAH" to the right plots fine but the larger one does not.
The only things I can think of that may be impacting it are that I rotated the image slightly then placed text over the top.

Any suggestions?

petervanko
2006-11-27, 03:16 PM
The first thing that comes to mind is: are you running the most current printer drivers? Secondly, what type of printer are you using? Thirdly, have you atempted printing to PDF and then outputting to the printer from Acrobat?

boofredlay
2006-11-27, 03:25 PM
Most recent drivers... yes.
Plotter; HP DesignJet 500 42
Printing to PDF gives the same result. No image. See attached.

I can see the image in print preview, wether PDF or to the plotter however the final product... no image.

petervanko
2006-11-27, 03:28 PM
What if you remove the image completely and re-import it...does that help? How about re-sizing the image slightly?

You may have to take care of your rotation and noting another way: Photoshop, etc...

boofredlay
2006-11-27, 03:43 PM
Well thanks for the help Peter. I deleted it and re-inserted and it printed fine. However when I rotated the new image, no go. I rotated it back to zero and it printed fine. I will just "fix" the image in Photoshop and re-insert it as needed.

Is this a glitch in Revit. You cannot rotate an image and expect it to plot???

Thanks again.

petervanko
2006-11-27, 03:46 PM
Glad it worked!

I hope that is not the case...on the other hand, the ability to rotate images in any incremement <90 degrees just became available so it may not be worked out completely yet.

Cheers!

dhurtubise
2006-11-27, 03:49 PM
I think there was a thread about that a little while ago. Rotated imaged WITHIN Revit won't plot. you need to manipulate it in an image soft.