PDA

View Full Version : Piping: Top/Bottom Connection & Elbow displays

ameador
2006-11-27, 09:49 PM
Good afternoon,
I am working in ABS 2007. I have 2 questions here.

First up: I know there has to be a simple way to accomplish this, I just haven't stumbled across it yet. I am trying to get a piece of piping to connect to another piece of piping off of the top or bottom of the pipe instead of the side. Where is a tee for this located? Or am I going about this the wrong way? I know this should be a simple question, but for some reason it is completely stumping me today.

Secondly: I have my piping set up to show as 1-line for anything under 8". This works great for me. My problem comes in when the elbows for these pipes less than 8" drop in. They have "x"'s on the inlet and exit of the elbow. This will not work. How can I change these to either have a line (like the schematic symbols) or have nothing at the inlet/exit?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can assist.

ameador
2006-11-29, 02:13 PM
Ok, I think I figured out the answer to my first question, but I'm still not sure what to do about my second question just yet.

Here's what I've found for the first question (incase someone else out there is having the same issue). If anyone knows of a better or easier way to accomplish this please tell me.

Draw a main piece of pipe. Go to the pipe fitting button on the palette to add a pipe fitting. Find the tee that will match your system. Be sure to input the connection type and the nominal diameter that you want for your fitting. Then click on your main pipe run where you want to drop in the pipe fitting. Next type "p" for plane so you can rotate the fitting in the z direction. For my stuff I use 270 degrees to get the fitting to point up. Once your fitting is in there you can click on the "+" sign on the fitting to add piping in.