PDA

View Full Version : Stacked walls & Plan Regions

sfaust
2006-11-27, 10:32 PM
I have a project with an exterior wall construction that benefits from a stacked wall (8" masonry over 10" masonry with some other variations) and have created this without a problem. I also have high windows (sill height 6'8") and interior furring walls. I am able to model all this without a problem.

However, when I put plan regions in to see the high windows in plan, the line between the stacked wall and the furring wall disappears, and not just in the plan region (see attached). The line will reappear correctly if I either delete the plan region (causing me not to be able to see the window) or break up the stacked wall. I suppose I can get the exterior walls where I want them then break up the stacked walls, but that shouldn't be necessary. Anyone come across this?

Any help would be appreciated,
Steve

p.s. the cut plane of the plan region does cut both walls...

Melarch
2006-11-28, 01:22 PM
Steve,

My first response is why are you showing high windows as if they were in the cut plane? I always show high windows as hidden lines and with less detail.

The method I use is to use a Plan Region to show th window, then use use the Detail line tools to draw a hidden line over the window. Then blow away the Plan Region boundary, leaving me with the Detailed line work. You can lock the Detailed line work to the window should the window change in size.

I have always treated the Plan Region tool as one to describe floors above the main Level that were part of that Level (i.e. partial area raised or lowered as a sunken room or split level) rather then create another Level.

Mel Persin, AIA

sfaust
2006-11-28, 05:33 PM
something to take into consideration. However, current office standard is to show them this way and I'm already fighting some battles to get Revit going, so I don't want to start any more about changing standards too much.

Besides, this is something that should work this way...