PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with views

max
2004-06-25, 04:26 PM
The revit templates have four views set up (north, south, east, west). Some of my walls do not show up in these views. They show up in the template 3d views but not the elevations. Anyone got any suggestions as to why this is happening.

I am also having another problem with a wall not showing up on the floor plan(not the same wall as above. The walls base constraint is the floor plan, with base offset of 8', and unconnected height of 2'. I suspect the problem is with the view range. I have played around with the range. When I get the view range adjusted to show the 2' wall, some of the doors in other walls dissappear.

i would appreciate any help.

Thanks

aggockel50321
2004-06-25, 04:42 PM
All of your problems are view range related. Look in the help section on how to set your far clip plane for elevations. Floor plan cut planes are default set to 4', so if you have a wall who's base is 8' above the floor, you'll have to go to a rcp to see it.

Take the tutorials. They're a great help for problem you describe.

JamesVan
2004-06-25, 08:49 PM
Simple way to check an elevation's range in plan is to select the little triangle on the elevation tag. You will see a blue line that defines the cutting plane of the elevation. If you look at the properties of the elevation and Far Clip Active is selected, you will also see a dashed green line indicating the depth extent of the elevation view.