PDA

View Full Version : Rotate Tags

mtropper
2006-11-30, 07:26 PM
I have a plan which has areas turned 30 degrees. I would like to turn tags in this area to orient with the rooms, but it does not seem to let me do it. The only options I see are horizontal or vertical. Is there another setting out there that I'm missing?

Thanks

Justin Marchiel
2006-11-30, 07:30 PM
nope that is it. REVIT is not friendly enough with tag placement yet.

Justin

mtropper
2006-11-30, 07:54 PM
That wasn't the expected answer. There always seems to be a hidden setting out there.

Well I guess I can resort to duplicate tags that are pre-rotated.

Thanks for the help

dhurtubise
2006-11-30, 08:36 PM
you can try the rotate with component options in the family. It's under Family Category and Parameters

mtropper
2006-11-30, 09:13 PM
Dan

That seems to work with a wall hosted tag like doors and windows but not a room tag. Which I guess makes sense, how would it know what orientation a room is?

But that does help eliminate some of the duplication.

dhurtubise
2006-11-30, 09:41 PM
I guess you could try to use a SP with a dummy tag.

Chris DiSunno
2006-11-30, 10:15 PM
If you know the rotation angle and it is the same throughout, you can open your room tag family rotate it, and save it as another tag name ie "room tag 30d" then load that into your project.

david.metcalf
2006-12-20, 06:53 PM
I am tagging counter cabinets and found this item to drag back from the dead.

To date I assume this has no solution other than creating a duplicate family and drag and drop into drawing with tags off option. Then using a blank leader to draw a leader 45 perpendicular to the cabinet?

Thanks,
David

vasshaug
2009-05-26, 11:16 AM
Searching for "rotate tags" here, I came across this ancient post about the subject. It didn't solve my problem, which was to rotate Slab Tags, but I figured out a workaround (for Slabs at least): Use Span Direction Symbol, add only a parameter (not the Span Direction Lines), rotate it 90 degrees inside the family and use the Align Perpendicular inside the project. When using this command Revit tells me to "pick an edge of the Slab, Beam or Grid line that Span Direction is perpendicular to", but I discovered that RefPlanes also do the job.

Hardly helps for Rooms, but given that the post is 2 1/2 years old, you probably found a different workaround or forgot about the whole thing :)

Edit: Use the regular Align command. Then you don't need RefPlanes!