PDA

View Full Version : Filled Region in Background?

rkitect
2006-12-04, 02:24 PM
There has got to be a way to get something like a filled region that will sit behind everything else on a sheet. I've tried everything from making an annotation family for the filled region and even found a 'Background' option somewhere for it (that still didn't work because the Drawing Index was still behind the filled region).

Short of importing a BMP, does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish putting this 'R' behind everything on the attached coversheet? The little 'R' logo can be on top, but the big 'R' logo needs to be behind everything (like a watermark effect).

TIA,

tfarkas
2006-12-04, 06:00 PM
Carl,

The only way I know to do this, is to change the filled region from solid fill to a hatch (say, diagonal lines up), then make the hatch transparent; and finally, make it as light a gray as you wish. It appears that solid fill cannot be transparent.

Justin Marchiel
2006-12-04, 07:17 PM
i was just asking this awhile ago and the reason why filled can't be transaprent seems to be that the transparent feature makes the "white" background or void in the hatch transparent or not. since a solid has no voids, the fill can not be transparent. you will have to use a tight diagonal hatch.

Justin

rkitect
2006-12-04, 07:44 PM
I tried this, but the result still shows the drawing index behind the filled region.

I ended up just using the BMP. It prints fine so I'll just leave it as is. Thanks anyway!

Phil Read
2006-12-18, 03:12 PM
Hope this helps. Basically making 2 views and compositing on one sheet.

4 1/2 step process:

1. Duplicate and rename view needing the filled region: i.e., "Level 1 Transparent Fill"
2. Create desired solid fill in the duplicate view, snapping to objects as necessary.
3. Go to View Properties and turn off all Model Objects **except** for category Detail Items (it's a good idea to make a View Template right now to save these settings).
4. Drag Solid Fill view to sheet first - then drag regular view to sheet (make sure it's set to Wire Frame). They'll snap to each other's origin.

If you need the same filled region in another view it can turned into a Detail Group and placed inside another duplicate view.

All the best -

Phil