PDA

View Full Version : ABS 2007 Dual Monitors or one widescreen

stearnskl
2006-12-05, 03:53 AM
Has anyone used a dual monitor setup for ABS?
Can the pallets get moved to a second monitor?

Has anyone used just one widescreen display?

Thanks for any input.
Keith

Steve_Bennett
2006-12-05, 05:08 AM
ABS supports dual monitors just like vanilla AutoCAD and ADT. I've seen it with both situations, I have a 17" widescreen laptop and that suits me just fine.

stelthorst
2006-12-05, 05:39 AM
I use ABS2007.1 with dual 21" flatscreens.

You can set up your screens any way you like. Personally I run ABS on one monitor and Excel or NavisWorks on the other but one of my designers uses one screen for menus and an isometric view and the other for a plan view.

kyle.bernhardt
2006-12-05, 03:41 PM
I use ABS with two 20" LCD screens side-by-side. I like to put my main window on my main monitor, and things like Project Navigator and my Properties Palette over on my 2nd monitor. Everything runs smoothly, except auto-hide of the ABS Add Dialogs doesn't work right on the second Monitor. That type of control is managed by our AutoCAD platform, so it's not really something that can be changed by the ABS Team.

I would highly recommend using multiple monitors, as it allows things to be organized, allowing me to be more productive.

Cheers,
Kyle B

stearnskl
2006-12-14, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the feedback, hopefully I've been good enough this year and Santa can bring me a second one.