PDA

View Full Version : Numerical Data from Imported File is Out of Range

s.messing
2006-12-05, 03:55 PM
Hello all,

I am getting some strange error/ warning messages that I do not understand. I cannot find anything about them in the help menu or anywhere else, so I am hoping that someone out there can explain their meanings. This one I have seen several times:
(I have received it when opening a local file with imported CAD links)

Some numerical data within the imported file was out of range. The numerical data has been truncated.

Is sounds simple, but what does it mean? And, what can I do to fix it? I am a computer guy not a wordsmith. Truncated sounds violent and irreversible.
Thanks,
Stephen

Teresa.Martin
2006-12-05, 08:38 PM
Hi!
I have found that this error occurs occasionally when the content in the AutoCAD file is too far away from the origin point in Revit. Revit has a max outer limits so to speak. I think it is about 10,000 x 10,000 but do not quote me on that!
You might try resetting the base in Autocad closer to the objects drawn. I am just guessing on this, but are you by any chance bringing in a site plan?

Best regards,

Mike Sealander
2006-12-05, 10:40 PM
I have encountered this with dwg files from surveyors, who often draw miles away from the 0,0 point. Wblock the stuff you need into a new file, where the geometry is near 0,0, and that should clear things up.