PDA

View Full Version : Where is the default PAT file stored

ron.sanpedro
2006-12-05, 05:20 PM
I am looking to copy and modify the default Revit sand pattern, and I can't seem to find the PAT file that Revit uses by default. Or does Revit not use a PAT file for standard patterns, only as in import mechanism? In which case, is there any way to export a pattern found in a template to a PAT for modification?

Thanks,
Gordon

kpaxton
2006-12-05, 05:29 PM
I am looking to copy and modify the default Revit sand pattern, and I can't seem to find the PAT file that Revit uses by default. Or does Revit not use a PAT file for standard patterns, only as in import mechanism? In which case, is there any way to export a pattern found in a template to a PAT for modification?

Thanks,
GordonNo worries.... The default hatch patterns, and any you want to include from AutoCad or etc... (.pat) files... are in the following location. you should be able to open these up and modify them as you would any other pat file. I would make a COPY first before modification. you can always import or copy/paste these in later.

C:\Program Files\Autodesk Revit Building 9.1\Data \revit.pat

FYI: this is the same directory where the text files for your Import and Export settings are kept.

-Kyle