PDA

View Full Version : santiago high tuscan house project(still in progress)by melissa palomo

missmelissa525
2006-12-05, 06:35 PM
I have been working on this Tuscan house and my teacher gave us a 1st floor plan and had us make a 2nd floor plan however we wanted as long as it fitted our house style.

The dark brown color of the house are stones!!

if anything..what should i add to the courtyad???any suggestions please help!

David Conant
2006-12-06, 02:21 AM
Good work so far. Since you are in California and not up here in the snowy northeast, take advantage of the sun and fresh air. Look for ways to break down the barriers between indoors and out. In real Tuscan living, one moves between indoors and outdoors with ease as the activity and weather demand. One might dine on a piazza under an arbor or pergola covered with vines that opens from the kitchen or dining area. On a chill day, the opening would be closed but with glass still providing connection. Walls can extend into the landscape to define outdoor space and anchor the house. Rooms can extend through archways connecting inside and out. Porches, pergolas, and galleries allow for space that is part indoors and part outdoors.

bill0246
2006-12-12, 05:27 AM
Stonework on the exterior. Revitcity has a Cultured Stone Driftstone model pattern. Download to a scale of 10 or it will be too small. You can also get your rooftiles there. Try "clay roof tiles in the search box. Apply the material to the surface of your roof. Looks good and is also a model pattern. Study "Tuscan and Andalusian Reflections by Bassenian-Lagoni. Some great precast window surrounds and balcony details....hint...hint...

Courtyard important element of Tuscan living....study and get creative.

Very impressive being on AUGI at 9:15pm

Firmso
2006-12-12, 05:53 AM
May be nice if you can add some round columns with arches and then applying some trim molding along your roof edges and arch on the exterior.

I have been working on this Tuscan house and my teacher gave us a 1st floor plan and had us make a 2nd floor plan however we wanted as long as it fitted our house style. I need some help now on making my house look more tuscan than spanish. Any ideas please help.