PDA

View Full Version : Export of 3D Revit model to Sketchup possible?

abink
2006-12-05, 08:56 PM
I am told that it's possible to export the complete Revit model in 3D to Sketchup, and not only as 2D drawing.

I cannot find anything in the Forum or the Help section, besides the known points of importing Sketchup to Revit.

Is it possible, and if so: How?

Thanks,
Axel

DanielleAnderson
2006-12-05, 09:12 PM
The easy way would be to go to a 3d view (like an axon) of your revit model and export that into a dwg and then open the 3d dwg in Sketchup. If you try to export a 2d view, you will get just that.

abink
2006-12-05, 09:27 PM
Danielle,

thanks a lot. At first I thought you understood that I wanted to have a 2D import of the 3D view, and then I did it anyway - and it's just great!

Again I wonder, why this is not to be found in the Help section, e.g. in the same location where it explains how to import Sketchup files to Revit.

Thanks,
Axel

DanielleAnderson
2006-12-05, 11:33 PM
Yah, I'm not really sure. With Revit the rule of thumb for exporting, though, is that if you want 3d information, you have to export a 3d view. I have heard that there may be/may be in the future a plug-in that will take revit directly to sketchup, but not sure what the status is on that. Good luck!