PDA

View Full Version : Leaders in a Generic Annotation Family

cdchristian
2006-12-05, 09:46 PM
We have converted our General Notes and Symbols legend from ACAD into a generic annotation family. Everything has been converted to Revit elements, including the text. There are a few instances where I would like to use leaders, but these buttons are grayed out on the option bar. How do I create a leader for my text in a family?

tc3dcad60731
2006-12-05, 09:52 PM
I am not sure how to get a leader in the family. I have noticed that it was grayed out also. I know that this is not in response to your post but want to ensure that you check this..... I took our old notes from the ACAD template also and pasted them into our companies Revit template. NOT ALL of the symbols and fractions properly converted and we had to go back and edit those. I do not know why this occurred but wanted you to be aware that it might occur on your family!

HawkeyNut
2006-12-05, 09:54 PM
If you create a generic annotation and bring it into your project you can add a leader to it outside of the family object. Just select it after placement and click on "add a leader" at the top of the screen.

cdchristian
2006-12-05, 10:14 PM
If you create a generic annotation and bring it into your project you can add a leader to it outside of the family object. Just select it after placement and click on "add a leader" at the top of the screen.

Thanks for the response, but this annotation sheet will be used hundreds of times, and it would be best if it is something that we could fix in the family so that it remains a standard.