PDA

View Full Version : Electrical plans

slmaher
2004-06-26, 08:44 PM
I want to have a plan that shows all electrical items on one drawing including ceiling fans, ceiling lights, wall and floor outlets, etc. If I try to put all these items on an electrical floor plan the ceiling electrical fixtures won't show up, and vise versa, if I try to put all these items on an electrical ceiling plan the floor and wall outlets won't show up. Is their a way to put everything on one plan? Is it a visibility or cut plane issue? I've tried playing around with those commands.
Thanks,

Scott D Davis
2004-06-26, 10:57 PM
make the two plans separately, then overlay the two views on a sheet. They will snap to each other, and you will see your ceiling and floor plans all in one. Just turn off one of the view titles.

mlgatzke
2004-06-27, 03:34 AM
Personally, I never need the electrical components to show in 3D. So, I've created a library of electrical trimmings as Detail Components. Then, I can lay them into an Electrical Plan without worrying if they are on the ceiling or floor or etc. I also have created an Annotation Object of a Symbol Legend that I can place on the sheet. After all, if it works. . . use it.

Martin P
2004-06-28, 12:38 PM
I think what you want is for your higher than cut plane objects to appear in your floor plan right? to do this you need to go into the familiies and add an invisible model line that will be within your cut plane, this way things will show up........

Yman
2004-06-28, 12:48 PM
Basiccally, if you want 3d models of electrical in your model then you have to do what Martin says. If you just want 2d representation then just do what Mike says.

I mostly do just 2d electrical plans. Much easier and faster. Unless I have a client that needs night shots of the model.

Y

dazza163968596
2004-06-29, 07:12 AM
I Have created a set of electrical fixtures & lighting fixtures with a Ref plane about 50mm above floor level. I set my working plane to this level and attached a symbol family now my electric & lighting fixtures show in the model as you would expect but also appear in floor plans & ceiling plans as symbols

I have attached an example of a pendant light & a double socket below