PDA

View Full Version : MvParts from Manufacturers?

ameador
2006-12-06, 02:52 PM
Has anyone found MvParts created by manufacturers that you can add to your catalog for free?

I am working on customizing our HVAC ABS 2007 (ductwork and piping) and would like to not have to make a ton of MvParts.

Among the manufacturers I am looking for are: Carrier, Titus, Griswold, and Trane.

Any other places that has a bunch of MvParts to peruse and utilize for design purposes would be great as well.

Please include in the websites or contact info.

Thanks!

Steve_Bennett
2006-12-06, 07:39 PM
Well, you can always try google, their websites or contacting them directly. Sometimes they only have 3D cad Models, 2D drawings and rarely do they have stuff ready to go for ABS. The only way they will every know to do it is to request them to as a specifier. Telling them you want to lock them into spec should motivation enough for them to do something about it.

mcasella
2007-11-13, 04:34 PM
I am in the same boat with this one. We are currently trying to build up our MVParts library as well. I have contacted our reps at Trane and Kohler and they do not have any MVParts. Some of them do have 3D block however, which makes creating MVParts much easier. Once I start getting these blocks in from them, I will start to post them up so people can share them.

buzz
2007-11-15, 09:33 PM
http://www.geniusoftllc.com

I just started this, so if you have any requests just let me know...

-Buzz

ameador
2007-11-16, 03:31 PM
Thanks Buzz!
I'll go take a look. :)

tomb
2009-06-03, 02:21 PM
Does anyone know which way the industry is going. I am having a hard time finding any HVAC engineering firms using REVIT. Most are using MEP.

tomb
2009-06-03, 02:25 PM
Does anyone know which way the industry is going in the HVAC field.

REVIT or MEP?

ameador
2009-06-03, 02:46 PM
You will probably find more A-MEP stuff than Revit MEP for awhile since Revit MEP is newer.

I still haven't found all that much usable content for my company.
We have had to make or modify most of the stuff we use.

neuok
2009-06-05, 04:30 PM
Here is a link (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=99663) to Manufacturer's that have revit families.