PDA

View Full Version : Label on Equipment in Elevation

lhanyok
2006-12-06, 04:43 PM
I am trying to place a label for a kitchen range in the range family to look like the attached picture. I tried using the same procedure that was used to place a label in plan view on a dishwasher. I loaded the Label Annotation family, but I can only place a label in plan, not elevation like I would like. Does anyone have any suggestions aside from just placing text in the project's elevation?

aaronrumple
2006-12-06, 05:27 PM
I am trying to place a label for a kitchen range in the range family to look like the attached picture. I tried using the same procedure that was used to place a label in plan view on a dishwasher. I loaded the Label Annotation family, but I can only place a label in plan, not elevation like I would like. Does anyone have any suggestions aside from just placing text in the project's elevation?
You're best best it to make a tag using a shared parameter. This will be a lot more flexible than a label inside the family.

lhanyok
2006-12-06, 06:13 PM
You're best best it to make a tag using a shared parameter. This will be a lot more flexible than a label inside the family.

Thanks! I guess I got caught up in the label in elevation thing and missed the obvious answer.