PDA

View Full Version : Structure Visibility

captainbunsaver
2006-12-06, 06:46 PM
In Revit Building (not RS) I am having difficulty with visibility of structures.

When I create a new level to show structure, the only way I can get it to display correctly is to apply a view template of "Structural Framing". What changes?

I can not get the moment connector symbols to show. The check box is not there under "other" in Properties. What am I missing?

TC

David Harrington
2006-12-07, 12:46 PM
I don't have RB in order to check but I would not be suprised to learn that the two products treat objects and properties differently. I'm guessing Adsk feels RB does not need true structural documentation abilities.

dhurtubise
2006-12-07, 12:56 PM
Once again David struck right. View Discipline change the way objects are displayed.

captainbunsaver
2006-12-07, 01:12 PM
Okay, let me try again.
Go through the tutorial on structures for RB, then try to make those same views in a new project. This is when I can not get the moment connection symbols to show.
This tells me there is something "preset" in the tutorial that I haven't figured out how to duplicate in a new project.
Any ideas?

TC

captainbunsaver
2006-12-07, 02:54 PM
Puzzle Solved!

The tutorial is pulling a W-section from the Training files and not from the OOTB Structural components. The training component has the additional parameters.

TC

David Harrington
2006-12-07, 08:25 PM
Ahh, I see said the blind man. Incidently, there are a number of family files in RS that are not in RB. You would think Adsk would get them in sync, why not?