PDA

View Full Version : Overhang at entry door

bill.92885
2006-12-06, 08:36 PM
I'm working on a three story office building project that has a roof canopy over the doors at the rear of the building. I've created a flat roof that sticks out 4' from the building and would like to show it as being supported by two cables at 45 degree angles on each side of the canopy. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this?

tfarkas
2006-12-06, 09:00 PM
Create and name a reference plane in a plan view, coplanar with one of the cables. Draw a model line (this will be the cable), using this reference plane. Copy or mirror line for the second cable.
If you prefer to model the cable further, create an in-place family, using the named reference plane as a drawing plane, and using a solid sweep with a circular section profile.

Justin Marchiel
2006-12-06, 09:55 PM
i would suggest not using inplace families. If you wanted to have a cable i would make a generic model family that would contain the turnbuckles and all so that you can resue it.

Leave inplace families for truly 1 time applications that might never happen again (such as a dome roof).

Justin

kpaxton
2006-12-06, 10:28 PM
This topic has been covered before. Search the Forums or take a look at the following thread:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=25135&highlight=cable+support

Kyle

bill.92885
2006-12-07, 02:15 PM
Thanks to all for their help.