PDA

View Full Version : Question : Dimensioning in REVIT

layne
2006-12-06, 08:42 PM
Is there a easy way to flip your arrow heads to the outside when your dimension lines are to close together and would cause your arrow heads to overlap if they remained in between the dimension lines?

Thanks

Matt Brennan
2006-12-06, 10:14 PM
I don't know of anything yet. Maybe Release 10?

kpaxton
2006-12-06, 10:18 PM
Welcome to the boards!

As I've looked at this, I think I understand what you're wanting to do, but I don't think I've run across the program doing automatically what you want it to do (which is an Autocad thing). Revit dimensioning is based upon setting up styles - and if you need something different, you just select that dimension and choose a different style from the pull down. My personal preference is to use Tick marks for dimensioning and Arrows for leaders.

To adjust your arrows/ticks - go to Settings > Annotations > Arrowheads
then choose one to modify, then hit the Duplicate button, make your modifications, then OK.

Then to adjust your Dimensions - go to Settings > Annotations > Dimensions (linear/angular/raidal...)
then choose one to modify, then hit the Duplicate button, make your modifications, then OK. NOTE: The dimension family refers to the arrowheads as Ticks. Go Figure.

I know this doesn't exactly address your question, but hopefully it will help. Keep in mind, the scale that all these reference is real world (as it will print). Play around with a few and see what you like best.

Good luck,
Kyle

layne
2006-12-07, 02:12 AM
Thanks Kyle
But i'm going to post new thread with an attachment maybe it will explain my problem better

dbaldacchino
2006-12-07, 02:37 AM
No need for a new thread, you can post here.

Your other solution is a "custom" dimension style. You can create this by using a line-based detail component. Nest an annotation family in it and tie it to the length parameter. It will act like a dimension string, but it just won't be associative. We just started using ticks only and arrows for leaders.