PDA

View Full Version : Lost the Elevation Datums in my Elevations

ddarling
2006-12-06, 10:39 PM
I have managed to lose the elevation datums in my elevation views. They disappeared while I was moving my elevation call outs around. Does this relate to Scope Boxes?

Mike Sealander
2006-12-06, 10:48 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Do you mean the level datums are no longer visible in your elevation views?

ddarling
2006-12-06, 10:56 PM
That is correct. My new project has two levels.

truevis
2006-12-06, 11:08 PM
Hmm, I was teaching Revit yesterday and one of my students had the same problem. The building was still there, levels' visibility turned on, I could add a new level, but saw none of his level markers an any elevation. I didn't have time to investigate and the class ended, thus I cannot debug it.

ddarling
2006-12-06, 11:11 PM
Well, that is exactly my situation.

whittendesigns
2006-12-06, 11:59 PM
can you see the outline of your scope box? checked the check box to see if the check is axtually checked? sorry couldnt resist! then the only thing I could think of, but not likely is the visibility settings of the view.

I would say that you moved the datum point out of the scope box view. you might have to move your mouse around to find the scope box if it's hidden in the view.

Archman
2006-12-07, 12:12 AM
More than likely the view range of the elevation no longer intersects the scope of the level datums.

To make them come back, try cutting sections in various locations of the building until you find the level datums. Then right click each level datum and select "Maximize 3D Extents"

Now the elevation datums should appear in all your views.

The most likely cause of this is that the 3D extents of the level datums were accidentally modified. This is easy to do. In order to avoid the problem in the future, one should be careful about how they change the scope of the elevation markers.

When you click on a level datum either a blue circle or a blue dot will appear at the end of the datum. If it is a blue circle, you will be modifying the 3D scope of the level datums globally for the project. If they are blue dots, you will be modifying the scope of the level datum graphic in the specific view you are in.

To change the level marker so that they only change in the view you are in, you can click the little "3D" symbol that appears when selecting a level datum.

Hopefully I wasn't speaking beneath you. This is just a question that comes up a lot in my firm.

ddarling
2006-12-07, 01:43 PM
Correcting the view extents did fix the problem. Thank you all for your suggestions