PDA

View Full Version : Schedules

kwong
2006-12-07, 04:27 AM
Hi all,
First time doing a schedule in Revit, I'm trying to fit it (a long schedule) into a few A4 sheets, but can't seem to split it - is there a way? Thanks.
kwong

s.messing
2006-12-07, 05:47 AM
Schedules seem challenging, but the more you play around with them, the more you will realize that they're not. To clip a schedule into pieces to fit on more than one sheet,
1. Zoom out so you can see the whole schedule and look on the right middle.
2. You should see a familiar looking squiggle.
3. That squiggle will let you break the schedule in half.
4. Then use the blue grip at the bottom to change the information (length of each column).
I have attached a doc with some screen shots to help illustrate. Keep in mind, anything blue is editable (changeable, adjustable...)

Cheers,
Stephen

sonya
2006-12-07, 05:50 AM
note that you can't split a schedule across sheets - only on the same sheet.

so either print it on a large piece of paper or export it out to a txt file & open it up in your spreadsheet program of choice do some minor formatting & print it out.

s.messing
2006-12-07, 06:01 AM
note that you can't split a schedule across sheets - only on the same sheet.

Excellent point Soyna. That was quite silly of me to not read his question more carefully. You can make quite a few changes to a schedule in Revit though, which I would highly recommend before jumping out of the program.

1. In a schedule, you can right click on a column and Hide Column (that'll make it thinner)
2. On the sheet with the schedule, you can grab and drag the blue arrows at the top (you can use those to make it wider but shorter for example)
3. In the View Properties of a schedule you can not itemize every instance (under sorting and grouping)
4. In VP you can also remove (un)necessaries such as blank lines, headers and footers, and grand totals
5. Under appearance you can change the sizes of almost everything...
6. You can also duplicate a schedule and place it on another sheet...
Hopefully these will get you started.

HTH (Hope This Helps)
Stephen

kwong
2006-12-07, 06:20 AM
Thanks for both your inputs; I've worked out a way by using filters so that - in my case a door schedule- I've filtered the first one to show doors up to a certain mark (number) and duplicated that to show doors from a certain mark to the next & so on.

christo4robin
2006-12-07, 06:28 AM
Also be aware that you can split a schedule across sheets - it just takes a bit of creativity. Split the schedule per Stephen's directions, then move part of it off of the "paper". On the other sheet, do the same thing, and move the opposite part off of the "paper. When you print, be intentional about your settings so you exclude the chunk of the schedule that is off in space, and you should be able to print a schedule split across sheets.

dbaldacchino
2006-12-07, 06:43 AM
That should work. Also, one can consider filtering the schedule, making a duplicate and filtering again etc. We do that with room finish and door schedules per plan area. So for all rooms numbers starting with an A, they would be on their own schedule (thus also having their own title), etc. This might be a solution to splitting your schedules in separate ones.

dhurtubise
2006-12-07, 12:36 PM
I have to say that David solution is the best, simply filter your schedule and duplicate that view. gets a lot easier to manage overtime

rebeccamcwilliams
2006-12-29, 12:32 AM
When you print, be intentional about your settings so you exclude the chunk of the schedule that is off in space, and you should be able to print a schedule split across sheets.

How are you setting up your print settings? I can't seem to print just the titleblock with my door schedule. I currently have a much larger schedule off to the side of the titleblock in all of my sheets. I'd like to do a batch plot of all of my door schedule sheets, so I need to set it up to print some way other than print "visible portion of current window".

Thanks!