PDA

View Full Version : RCP Phasing question

Tyveka
2006-12-07, 01:35 PM
Hi All,

I'm fairly new to Revit and so I am running into a couple of issues that I need some clarification on.

I have a project I'm working on that has the phases: existing and new.

There is a ceiling plan in the existing phase that remains the same through the new construction phase. However, many of the existing walls are demolished and new walls are added in. Fortunately, the new walls do not interfere with the lights in the grid, so from a geometry standpoint, I do not have to create a new ceiling grid. However, when I try to plot the RCP for the new phase, my old walls are showing up and confusing the issue.

How can I control the display so that the new walls show up with the existing ceiling grid but the old walls will not show up?

Thank you,
Jeremy

dhurtubise
2006-12-07, 01:45 PM
First, welcome abord.
Thats a case of Display Filter issue.
A phase ia actually a range of time, not a point in time, and each phase can show what happens at its beginning, middle and end. The phase setting represents the view of that phase and the phase filter then sets whether you're seeing things at the beginning ( prior + demo), middle (prior + new ) or end (show complete )
So try setting the Phase filter to Previous + New

aggockel50321
2006-12-07, 01:47 PM
Take a look at phase filters in the help section.

If you change your phase filter (view properties dialog) to "show complete", you'll get the desired effect.

Tyveka
2006-12-07, 02:31 PM
I spent a lot of time poring over the phase filters help section. Here's what happens with the different phase filters:

1. When I show complete, the ceiling grid disappears.
2. Previous + New shows everything - the new walls and the old walls.

I have tried setting up a new phase filter and playing with the different settings. Nothing seems to appear as I need it to. I personally think that something is wrong with the way I created the geometry, if the ceiling grid disappears. And I just found out that I am going to have to change the ceiling grid, so now the whole thing is moot, as I will just demolish the existing and create a new grid in the new phase... All for the sake of two lights (out of 120).

Thank you for the replies so quickly though, as well as the welcomes to the board. I have many more questions I will be asking shortly.

Jeremy

aggockel50321
2006-12-07, 03:32 PM
Try selecting the ceiling, go to properties, and see whether you inadvertently demolished it. That might be why it's disappearing.

dhurtubise
2006-12-08, 01:38 PM
Can you post the file ? If it's too big email me at daniel.hurtubise@@lemaymichaud.com i'll set you up on our FTP.