PDA

View Full Version : Stacked walls and location lines......

Martin P
2006-12-07, 03:45 PM
Stacked walls and location lines...... Anybody got any ideas??? how do I control stacked walls when altering properties, the location lines of stacked dont appear to be related to anything in particular...

simple solution - let me place a little pick beside the "controlling" wall in a stacked type... would be fine then :)

these are very frustrating, the SHOUD be saving me a lot of time - they are causing me a lot of time.....very close to being useful, but stacked walls pretty much seem to just be poorly executed by Revit every time I think they seem like a good idea to use....... but then I can always explode them all I suppose - but I spent so long getting them to work this far, I dont want to!!!

EDIT -

hmmm it seems to be related to the bottom wall on the stack, in my case a footing - which I have offset to line up with the others - so my location lines are all out :( dont think I can fix it easily... and breaking them up causes all sorts of horrible error messages. Note to self - dont offset the bottom the wall in a stack, and dont make it a footing either!!

Rhythmick
2006-12-08, 03:12 AM
I'm assuming your location lines are to the core face. What I've done with footers is to create them with the associated core width then add the appropriate additional structure outside the core. If that would work for you, you should be able to make those changes to the footer and your alignment should adjust.
EDIT: There's always the align tool!!