PDA

View Full Version : Note Blocks vs Keynotes

mccurdyks
2006-12-07, 05:56 PM
In the (cad) past, we typically noted up everything with text so when we recycled details from one project to another we don't have to worry about coordinating keynotes or manage a database.

We're getting ready to move from that mentality to keynotes for everything. Anyone have experience with saving details (like a parapet detail, for example) in Revit using either note blocks or keynotes?

I'd like to embed the numbers in the details and have them link back into the numbering system when loaded into a new file so we don't have to renote each time. Is this possible?

Which works best and what pitfalls should I look out for?

Thanks in advance.

luigi
2006-12-08, 01:38 AM
I can't say I have done this yet...but it's been on my mind to implement...

but using the tool "keynotes" to create a standard database to have both the full text (description) and the keynote. so I have a choice to either show the keynote tag to show description, or keynote.

If you set up a standard, then importing the details in a project will work...there will have to be only one database though...and good record keeping about the division and section numbers used to keep order...

Hope that it helps..

In the (cad) past, we typically noted up everything with text so when we recycled details from one project to another we don't have to worry about coordinating keynotes or manage a database.

We're getting ready to move from that mentality to keynotes for everything. Anyone have experience with saving details (like a parapet detail, for example) in Revit using either note blocks or keynotes?

I'd like to embed the numbers in the details and have them link back into the numbering system when loaded into a new file so we don't have to renote each time. Is this possible?

Which works best and what pitfalls should I look out for?

Thanks in advance.