PDA

View Full Version : keynotes AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

johnf.77896
2006-12-07, 09:14 PM
In the middle of putting keynotes on a drawing when I went back to a different view to look at something and noticed that all of my keynotes had changed to no leaders and were not aligned anymore. It appears that they changed to the latest input of keynote style? This if very disturbing since it took me the whole morning to note up my sections only to find that I have to redo all of them. Is this a bug. Why wouldnt you be able to have a different kind of keynote on 2 separate views? One attached and the other not?

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

Steve Jager
2006-12-07, 09:28 PM
Could you post for clarity. I am not sure what you are trying to say. Thanks.

johnf.77896
2006-12-07, 09:40 PM
see the attached.

WTF
John Fleming
GMK Architectue, inc.

johnf.77896
2006-12-07, 09:53 PM
Update, not only do I need to redo all of my sections but all of my other plans also. how nice.

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

Scott D Davis
2006-12-07, 10:11 PM
What did you do again to cause this? You placed some keynotes, got them positioned where you wanted, then switched to another view and back and they were messed up? Something else had to have happened in between....

johnf.77896
2006-12-07, 11:41 PM
Scott, I have no idea what I did to cause this to happen other than maybe putting in keynotes with an attached end and then turning off the leaders. I was putting all of the keynotes in with free ends & leaders on my sections. Then when I got to my elevations, which already had plain text notes on them, I put in keynotes with attached ends. Then I picked the keynotes and unchecked the leaders and placed them with my notes. I wouldnt think that this cause it but now I am going to have to redo my entire set of cd's which I have been working on for about 4 days now. Very frustrating.

Thanks
John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

luigi
2006-12-08, 01:03 AM
I dont have Revit to verify, but aren't leaders in Keynotes "TYPE" parameters? so if you change the type from having leaders to not having leaders, then the keynote wants to go and touch the object you are keynoting.

You should set up 2 keynote types...one with leaders and one with no leaders.....and always remember that when you change a keynote from having a leader to not having one, it will move the tag to touch the object you are keynoting...

The same is valid for other annotation symbols

Please follow up if this is exactly what happened...I will try to check myself tomorrow when at work...

johnf.77896
2006-12-08, 03:48 AM
luigi, I am not sure. I was thinking that they would react more like text when you add or remove a leader from text. Also I have done the same in the past with no problems, that is why I am curious as to what may have caused this.

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

JohnASB
2006-12-08, 04:34 AM
Have you tried adding the leaders back to see if the keynotes will shift back to their previous positions?

truevis
2006-12-08, 12:36 PM
In the middle of putting keynotes on a drawing when I went back to a different view to look at something and noticed that all of my keynotes had changed to no leaders and were not aligned anymore. It appears that they changed to the latest input of keynote style? This if very disturbing since it took me the whole morning to note up my sections only to find that I have to redo all of them. Is this a bug. ...
Did you do a 'Select all instances' of keynotes in there anywhere?

Also, I noticed that the latest build mentioned it fixed something with keynotes.

jeffh
2006-12-08, 09:22 PM
Looking at the PDF of what happened. It appears like the scale of the view may have been changed after the keynotes were placed. If you change the scale of a view and then change it back to the original scale than the leaders can get fouled up like that. The change in scale basically causes the leader to lose its "positioning" and then it has to be reset. The other suggestion of using the select all instances tool and making a change will truly "select all instances" even those not in the current view.

luigi
2006-12-08, 09:36 PM
It seems to be a weird behavior....

the scale change does change the location of the keynote, but once put back to the accurate scale it will look the way it is supposed to...

And my original thought, of the leader being in the "type" not the instance is wrong....for keynotes it is actually part of the instance

So....far, I am stumped...sorry!

johnf.77896
2006-12-11, 04:33 PM
Did you do a 'Select all instances' of keynotes in there anywhere?

Also, I noticed that the latest build mentioned it fixed something with keynotes.

I dont think that I did but that could explain it.

John

johnf.77896
2006-12-11, 04:34 PM
Looking at the PDF of what happened. It appears like the scale of the view may have been changed after the keynotes were placed. If you change the scale of a view and then change it back to the original scale than the leaders can get fouled up like that. The change in scale basically causes the leader to lose its "positioning" and then it has to be reset. The other suggestion of using the select all instances tool and making a change will truly "select all instances" even those not in the current view.

I did not change the scale of anything that I am aware of.

John Fleming