PDA

View Full Version : REPOST - edit view title to include graphic scale ?

Maximillian
2006-12-11, 06:16 PM
I want to edit my view title to include larger text and to include a nifty graphic scale family that someone posted a while back ( Scott I think).

I dont want this to change the viewports on my previous projects, Just the new templed that I am making for future projects.

AND, just to push the boundaries a little....how about also including a north arrow that will change based on project north and true north??

dbaldacchino
2006-12-11, 06:34 PM
I don't think that the changes you want to see can be parameteric. You would have to create different viewports for different scales and have the user select the correct one (I hope I'm wrong). For your orientation symbol, you probably could have some generic annotation set to shared, then you could edit type parameters within the project and have those changes (angular parameters) show up in your viewport (nest it into your view title family).

Maximillian
2006-12-11, 08:27 PM
I am not exactly sure how to change the viewport title without it affecting it in previous projects.....That is the main problem. There is no viewport w/title family in annotations, and i dont understand how to load a new viewport title.

dhurtubise
2006-12-11, 08:52 PM
You just create a title family and load it. Then duplicate the existing viewport family and change the title to use

Scott D Davis
2006-12-11, 09:31 PM
I am not exactly sure how to change the viewport title without it affecting it in previous projects.....That is the main problem. There is no viewport w/title family in annotations, and i dont understand how to load a new viewport title.
It wont affect previous projects. Only old projects you specifically load the view title into and change the view types to the new one will be affected.

stuntmonkee
2006-12-11, 10:51 PM
I tried this a little while back and I couldn't get the graphic scale to update with view scale. . . unless there have been some changes, I don't think it will work.

Both the north arrow idea as well as the scale idea are based on each view, so you cant have it as a project setting.

I have also found that it's nice to be able to place these objects where ever they might fit sometimes, and that locking them into a set location based off the title can be a bit of a pain. . . .so I have just left mine as separate.

The other thing that I couldn't get to work out at the time, was to have text move with a family, so I had to create text with line work.

Here is the one I'm currently using, if there are some improvements I would like to hear them, if not, then consider it a donation. . .or whatever. . .

Maximillian
2006-12-12, 12:41 AM
Thanks all.