PDA

View Full Version : Multiview Block edit

BCrouse
2004-06-28, 03:23 PM
To be able modify AEC Multiview Blocks without exploding them down to a block format and using the Edit Block command? I am using ADT 3.3.

Thank you,

Brad

dkoch
2004-06-28, 10:52 PM
You could insert an instance of the view block you wish to modify, REFEDIT that, and save the changes, rather than exploding the Multi-View Block. But there is no "REFEDIT-like" way to edit the view block being displayed by a Multi-View Block.

BCrouse
2004-06-28, 11:19 PM
Having a (REFEDIT-like" way to edit the view block being displayed by a Multi-View Block.) per David Koch would be a grreat item to put on the wish list. I don't know how many of you wished to be able to Refedit a Multiview block. As for me, there has been a great number of times that I wished I could.

Raul Coelho
2004-11-05, 05:39 PM
Well... MV blocks are composed by other blocks, therefor you just need to edit the clock you want to change that's part of your mv block.

OK, it would be easier if you can access that directly, but (and I apologize) I don't think that's something that important to implement in the new ADT version, there are lots of urgent issues to implement first...

just my 2 cs.

steve.howatt
2004-11-20, 07:49 AM
I'd agree with this enhancement but would like to add this to it:

If your mvblock is a schedule tag and you change the attdef in a view block during a refedit, the mvblock isn't updated after you end the refedit session. An Object Update doesn't fix it, but I think it should.

You can force a 'refresh' of the mvblock, though. Using Style Manager, you need to remove the view block from the mvblock definition, close Style Manager, then go back in to it and (re)add the view block. Again, this is tedious, and shouldn't happen too often. But it's the little things...

dkoch
2004-11-21, 04:11 PM
You can also use the Update option of the MVBLOCK command to force revised view block attributes used by existing tags to update. Adding a new attribute or a change to an existing attribute's tag name should work in all versions; a more subtle change, like changing the text style of an existing attribute, will require the more involved Style Manager workaround in ADT3.3. In ADT2004 or 2005, you will be prompted regarding the update of attributes - say yes.

steve.howatt
2004-11-25, 03:42 AM
Cool, thanks for the tip. I don't think I'd ever have found that.