PDA

View Full Version : Electrical circuits - not shaded

ghero
2006-12-13, 03:25 PM
Trying to draw residential electrical circuits on a RCP using Electical view templet. The walls, doors, and other architectural itmes show up shaded - good. The electrical fixtures and switches show up dark - good. But circuit lines, arc's and tangents show up shaded - bad.
I want the circuit lines to print out normal dark lineweight on top of shaded architectural stuff.
Can't seem to get drafting lines to show other than shaded using the electrical plan view templet. WTH am I doing wrong?

PS AU2006 was great!

Scott_Bloss
2006-12-14, 01:55 AM
ghero,

under visibility graphics look under your line settings. Check to make sure that the line color has not been overridden for some reason. I had a very difficult time reproducing your issue and the only way i can produce the behavior you are describing is to override the line color. Be sure to check the line style projection overrides. let me know if this does not work and i will do some more digging.

Cheers,

ghero
2006-12-14, 03:08 PM
Scott,
The problem comes up when I make electrical plans using the stock "Electrical Plan" view templet AND click Electrical for Discipline.
It seems that any line work drawn while under the Electrical Discipline setting comes in shaded. I like the Electrical Discipline setting because of how it renders Electrical lights, switches, outlets, etc.
George

carlosb.101393
2006-12-14, 05:27 PM
you can use filters to overwrite visibility, line appearance on any object you like, if you are working with revit 9 or 9.1

robert.manna
2006-12-14, 05:50 PM
You can also modufy the stock view templates to match your needs. Or create your own templates.

-R