PDA

View Full Version : Walls Toolbar

jcronburg
2004-06-28, 05:10 PM
AUGIs:

I don't like the Tool Pallettes (they take up too much space), so I want to use my old Walls, Windows and Doors Toolbars. How do I get them? I tried Customize in the Toolbars menu but can't find those particular ADT Toolbars and I can't find a way to make a Custom Tool bar with them.

Thanks,

Jim Cronburg

richard.binning
2004-06-28, 06:31 PM
AUGIs:

I don't like the Tool Pallettes (they take up too much space), so I want to use my old Walls, Windows and Doors Toolbars. How do I get them? I tried Customize in the Toolbars menu but can't find those particular ADT Toolbars and I can't find a way to make a Custom Tool bar with them.

Thanks,

Jim Cronburg
Jim,

Once you get used to the new interface you won't believe you ever tried to turn the palettes off. Try the following:

1.) Maximize your AutoCAD window so that it fills the entire screen.

2.) Now grab the left edge of the AutoCAD window and pull it back about 1/4" from the left edge of the screen.

3.) Now grab the right edge of the AutoCAD window and pull it back about 1/4" from the right edge of the screen.

4.) Now turn your tool palettes, design center, properties, and project navigator back on. Select each in turn and make sure that they are not set to dock and ensure that the "autohide" is turned on.

5.) Now move them to the portion of the screen where your desktop is peeking through. (See attached image)

6.) Now you can move about AutoCAD's entire window without launching a single palette, but they will pop up when you travel outside of AutoCAD's window.

7.) This setting makes them highly usable and takes up less screen real estate than your toolbars ever did.

http://forums.augi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2257&stc=1