PDA

View Full Version : Can a hosted reveal not cut a wall sweep?

patricks
2006-12-13, 03:54 PM
I'm doing a concrete tilt-up building with an EIFS wainscot along the bottom. The wainscot sweep profile is in the concrete tilt-up wall type. I created a reveal profile to use in a wall-hosted vertical reveal for panel joints, but I can't seem to get it to cut the wainscot sweep, even though the wainscot sweep is set to "cuttable". I even made the reveal profile extend out several inches in front of the face of the wall, hoping that it would cut the wainscot sweep which is also on the face of the wall, but it still won't work. Any ideas?

I really just need the wainscot sweep to break at the panel joints, similar to how it breaks at my window and door inserts.

luigi
2006-12-13, 08:57 PM
Although one is able to cut the sweep with a hosted reveal, I do find it to be a little touchy...My sweep was on top of the wall, and if the reveal was in the wrong location (although graphically correct) it wouldn't work....I bet that if you keep playing with the location of the reveal, that eventually the sweep will be cut, but maybe it will cut too much...

Can you share some images?

I'm doing a concrete tilt-up building with an EIFS wainscot along the bottom. The wainscot sweep profile is in the concrete tilt-up wall type. I created a reveal profile to use in a wall-hosted vertical reveal for panel joints, but I can't seem to get it to cut the wainscot sweep, even though the wainscot sweep is set to "cuttable". I even made the reveal profile extend out several inches in front of the face of the wall, hoping that it would cut the wainscot sweep which is also on the face of the wall, but it still won't work. Any ideas?

I really just need the wainscot sweep to break at the panel joints, similar to how it breaks at my window and door inserts.